Eight Fabulous Facts on Cannabis
1) Cannabis is one of the oldest cultivated crops in human history, dating back over 10,000 years in some parts of the world.
2) The word “marijuana” comes from the Mexican Spanish word “marihuana” or “marijuana” and was used in the early 20th century as a way to stigmatize cannabis use by associating it with Mexican immigrants.
3) Cannabis plants have been bred for specific characteristics such as higher THC or CBD content, and there are now thousands of different strains available.
4) While THC is the most well-known cannabinoid in cannabis, there are over 100 different cannabinoids found in the plant, each with unique effects on the body.
5) Cannabis was once legal in the United States and was even included in the United States Pharmacopeia until the early 20th century when it was criminalized.
6) Cannabis has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat a wide range of conditions, including pain, inflammation, and anxiety.
7) The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a complex cell-signaling system that is present in all mammals, and is responsible for regulating a wide range of bodily functions, including pain, appetite, mood, and sleep.
8) Cannabis is now legal for medical use in many countries around the world, and a growing number of countries are legalizing it for recreational use as well. However, it remains illegal in many places, and the legal status of cannabis continues to be a contentious issue in many countries.