Cannabis Curried Rice Pilaf with Peas
Total Time: 30 minutes
No. of Persons Served: 4
- 1 cup long grain white rice such as jasmine or basmati
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium onion
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted pistachios or almonds
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons CannaOil
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ½ bunch cilantro tough stems removed
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and finely chop 1 onion and 4 garlic cloves.
- Heat CannaOil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and stir until everything is evenly combined and the grains are completely coated. Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until the grains become translucent.
- Stir in curry powder and sautee for 1 minute until toasted.
- Add water and stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for the crispy bits. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Let rice steam until water is absorbed and grains are tender, 12–15 minutes. Remove pot from heat, uncover, and stir in 1 cup frozen peas. Place lid on top and let rice continue to gently steam about 5 minutes
- While pilaf is resting, coarsely chop ½ bunch cilantro and ¼ cup pistachios. Cut 1 lime into wedges.
- Remove lid and towel and fluff rice with a fork. Season with more salt and pepper and stir in pistachios and cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with lime wedges.