Cannabis and Alcohol? Are you crazy? It’s like the two vices warrants confession. Theses two ‘deadly’ together may be just the ticket for letting loose and at the same time keeping it classy.
Before we send you off to play with fire, a few words of advice. Alcohol is seriously flammable, so avoid using a gas burner to do this infusion.
Keep calm, safe and work in a well-ventilated area.
Cannabis Flower at Natural Aid, Sunland Tujunga, LA
- one 1/8-ounce bag of high-grade weed (easily available at Cannabis Medical Dispensary)
- one 750-ml bottle of booze (choose whatever is your favorite liquor)
- Begin by decarbing the weed. This process helps to bind the THC molecules to the alcohol. You can use the microwave or the oven (at a low 240 degrees for about an hour), but the microwave is just as efficient and in less time.
- Put full buds into a microwave-safe bowl or container. Cover with a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for a minute and a half.
- Flip the buds to the other side, then repeat the cooking process two more times, flipping each time and entering the time of a minute and a half.
- Finally, grind down the weed loosely, but not into a powder.
- Now, it’s really cooking time. Fill the bottom half of a large pot halfway with water. Using an electric stove or hot plate bring it to boil, at 212ºF. Then, turn the heat to low.
- Dump the booze and the cannabis into another smaller pot or the top of the double-boiler with the water in it. Stir and then cover the mixture.
- Be careful to watch the stove and ensure that the weed and alcohol alchemy you’re working on doesn’t exceed 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stick around and occasionally stir for up to three hours.
Leave A Comment